Wretch, named by Duck, was a tanker owned by Boggiston Fuel who was very nasty and vile to the engines.
Roles in TEOSEdit
A Wretched Day for Henry and JamesEdit
While shunting trucks in the yard, Boco was rudely spoken too by Wretch. The next day, Henry attempted to pull him with his train of trucks. Wretch and the other trucks were reluctant to move and were very angry at Henry for not waiting. When they reached the top of Gordon's Hill, he ordered the trucks to push Henry down the other side. Henry tried to stop but bumped into Edward at Wellsworth and damaged his breaks from too much pressure from extremely hard application. It was James turn for trouble the next day. He also attempted to pull Wretch with his trucks and was more successful at keeping them in order. That is, until he too reached the top of Gordon's Hill. This time, Wretch and the trucks broke away and ran loose down the line. James successfully caught them, but crashed into Boco who was behind him and not expecting him to come backwards. After being enraged with the tankers schemes, the Fat Controller ordered Wretch to be dumped into the sea. Apparently he is still at the bottom of the ocean, rotting away like a sunken ship.
How the Diesel Stole ChristmasEdit
After Henry told everyone about his christmas gift from the previous year, a new set of brakes, Donald reminded him that he had broken it while trying to pull the "troublesome tanker".
SI3D's "Troublesome Tanker" model from the 2009 website was used. Because of errors with the model, it only had one face throughout the entire episode, which was really one of the Horrid Lorries.
Wretch is a generic BR tanker wagon used for carrying liquids like oil or tar.
As his name suggests, Wretch is extremely horrid and rude.
- How the Diesel Stole Christmas (stock footage, not named, does not speak, part 1 only)
NWR Origins Edit
- Smuggling from Scotland (cameo)
- Thomas1Edward2Henry: Episode I
- Wretch is the first completely fanmade character by Thomas1Edward2Henry3.
- Wretch made cameos in several remakes by Thomas1Edward2Henry3.
- It is possible that the tanker may be seen again in the future. In other words, although he may be sunken, Wretch is not dead.
- Several other names were considered for Wretch. These include Smutty, Clanker, Dirtbag, Fouler, Stench, Smelly, and Oily.
- For many fans, Wretch is an unofficial icon of The Engines of Sodor because of his appearance in the first episode