The Devious Diesel was uploaded on May 19, 2016 and is the 2nd episode of the third season. It is the first of a two part story.
Gordon tells some engines at Knapford about the story of Diesel and what happened after Duck was sent away.
The following appear in present day
- Thomas1Edward2Henry3 was always disappointed that it never showed how Diesel got his comeuppance. He was originally going to use it for a NWR Origins episode about Diesel, but scrapped it as Diesel is not part of the NWR 11.
- Events from Duck and the Diesel Engine are shown.
- Originally, this was going to be one episode, but the script proved too long to be squeezed into 15 minutes.
- This episode features a custom arrangement of Diesel's theme by Thomas1Edward2Henry3.
- Because of the limited faces of Diesel's 2012 model, the 2006 model had to be used for some shots.
- Ironically, both this and Double Muddle open with the rain sound effect.