Season 5 began airing on January 31, 2018, and is special in that it celebrates 5 years of Thomas1Edward1Henry3's channel. It will also be the last season of The Engines of Sodor. It will end in December 2018 or some time in 2019.
- Ivo Hugh's Safari: A hippo from the zoo gets loose and wanders into the hills of the Skarloey Railway. Ivo Hugh must catch it, but he is quite scared of how ferocious it may be.
- Highly Sprung: The Fat Controller brings another member of Daisy's class on trail for the Ffarquar Branch Line, and history repeats itself.
- Gordon Pops In: Gordon has a nasty accident after slipping on Ice
- Goat-Busters: A devious goat is up to mischief on the Culdee Fell Railway.
- A Tale of Two Small Green Engines: Neil's brothers, Clive and Matthew, return to sodor and tell their story.
- Conspiracy Theories: Wretch the tanker is fished out from the ocean, and begins to tell some horrible things about the Fat Controller.
Many of the episodes will create an arc that will lead into the Engines of Sodor Finale.
- Sir Handel
- Ivo Hugh
The following are confirmed
- Bill and Ben
- Annie and Clarabel
- Sir Topham Hatt
The following are likely to appear
After Season 5
The fifth season will conclude at the end of 2018. T1E2H3 will conclude the Engines of Sodor here so he can focus on his film career. There will be several specials before a final in the summer of 2019. He will still be a member of the fandom, and may even turn to modeling characters as a hobby. However, in the future when he gets his own house, he may begin a new Thomas series, using something other than Trainz.