Episode V: Mike Takes the Road was uploaded on September 18, 2013 and is the fifth episode of the first season.
Mike dreams of having a chance to see the world by road, but changes his mind when he does get that chance.
- Blister I and Blister II (speak at the same time)
- Donald and Douglas (Donald only, Douglas mentioned)
- Oliver (cameo)
- Toad (cameo)
- Bertie (mentioned)
- Terence (mentioned)
- EnterprisingEngine93: Mike and Frank
- MallardFan62: Duck
- James Riddle: Jock
- Thomas1Edward2Henry3: Everyone else
- This is the last episode until Stuck was uploaded in January 2014.
- This is the first episode to feature the voice of James Riddle.
- There is a reference to EnterprisingEngine93's episode Search Party.
- In this episode, almost all the characters have a speaking role, making it the episode with the fewest cameos.
- In one of the scripts for the pilot episode, this idea was used instead Oliver took the road instead of Mike. Plus, the trucks would have pushed him off the rails instead of hitting dried cement.
- This episode's title is a reference to the Railway Series story "Toby Takes the Road" from the book "Toby, Trucks and Trouble".