|Number||D2 (formerly D5702)|
|Built||1958 (age 58)|
|Arrived on Sodor||1965|
|Color||BR Experimental Green|
|Current Voice Actor||Andrew Homer|
BoCo was built in 1958 at Bowesfield Works in England and arrived on Sodor in 1965 to help Edward on his branch line. He apparently had a few teething troubles but was fixed by the Fat Controller. One day, he accidentally took Bill and Ben's china clay trucks, which made them very angry. They thought he was a "Diseasel", and played a trick on him. They pretended they were one engine and kept going forward and back on opposite tracks to make it seem as if the one engine was quickly changing tracks. This made BoCo giddy, and he apologized for taking the trucks. He now keeps Bill and Ben in order on the branch line.
In June of 2013, BoCo was one of the first engines to encounter Wretch the horrid tanker. Later, he helped with the evacuation of the China Clay Works during the massive flood of August. In March of 2014, Boco was brought to the Ffarquhar Branch while Thomas was being mended.
The Sudrian Community's model of BoCo was used at first, with the SI3D 2006 model occasionally used if the other didn't work properly. From The Search for Smudger onwards, SI3D's 2012 model was used.
BoCo is based on a BR Class 28.
BoCo is one of the friendliest diesels on the island. He is very wise and is always willing to lend a helping hand.
- A Wretched Day for Henry and James
- Bill and Ben the Brave Brothers of Brendam
- Engine Unknown
- A Tale of a Small Green Engine
- The Runaway Railcar
- The Road Rebel with Rollers (does not speak)
- The Bridge of Caledonian Doom (mentioned)
- Special Engines (does not speak)
- How the Diesel Stole Christmas
- The Search for Smudger (Part 1 only, cameo)
- Night Express to Vicarstown (does not speak)
- The Most Famous Engine (cameos in Part 1)
- Tank Engine Mixup (cameo)
T1E2H3's RWS AppearancesEdit
BoCo first appeared in the Season 2 episode The Diseasel. He then appeared in every season since until the sixth. He did not speak in Season 4. It's possible he may return as Duck, Oliver, Donald and Douglas, and Daisy have already done so.
- Tommy Davias: Episode I-IV
- KnapfordProductions: How the Diesel Stole Christmas
- Andrew Homer: Episode VII-Present(Specials)
- Thomas1Edward2Henry3: Coach Trouble- Season 3 onwards
- BoCo was the first character to speak in the Engines of Sodor.
- In T1E2H3's RWS, Thomas1Edward2Henry3 gives BoCo a Manchester accent to reflect on where he was built.
- Along with Culdee and Rusty, BoCo was one of the only ERTL models that Thomas1Edward2Henry3 owned.
- BoCo is one of the only major classic characters that hasn't been brought back since the 7th season yet, alongside Duke.
- BoCo has never had a main role in the RWS or TV Series.